Thursday, June 11, 2009

Road Trip Day 2 - Chicago, IL


Today took us from Ohio, through Indiana, and finally into Chicago. The weather was absolutely terrible. Heavy rain and a cold wind. I was bummed that I wasn't able to see the top of the skyscrapers in the city but that is alright, I made do with what the weather allowed.

The first thing I did was to find some lunch. I had to have myself an italian beef sandwich. I believe this to be a chicago food much like a philly cheesesteak belongs to phillidelphia. We went to the famous Navy Pier but it was pretty dead due to the cold wet weather. This however didn't stop us from exploring the entire pier and finding ourselves some italian beef. It was delicious but I really shouldn't have asked for the hot peppers. They were REALLY hot. Infact, it was so hot my dad didnt finish his sandwich. I happen to love hot food and usually can handle the fire but this even had me tearing up.

After lunch, we raced down to the Adler Planetarium where I walked around not really learning anything new about space. Rather, I learned that I have a pretty good tolerance when it comes to hundreds of annoying children running around the museum like it was a giant playground. The best part of exhibit however was this random old man who kept asking the astronomer at the Q & A section these super nerdy questions that even I struggled to keep with. My dad and I resorted to laughing at him. I almost lost it when he attempted to make a joke referencing some dude's theory of unpredictablity.

Once we left, the rain had finally stopped and things were beginning to clear up. We left downtown and headed north to the outskirts to find a motel to stay at. We took an hour to rest and then went out to dinner with a couple friends of mine. We had ourselves some authentic Chicago style pizza! It was sooooo good but I ended up stuffing myself silly. After dinner, I came home with a heavy food coma and once this is typed up, I am off to bed for day 3!


Tomorrow: Minneapolis!

1 comment:

  1. Dat der is soom gooodd goooddd Chicaaago style fud. But really? "I believe this to be a chicago food much like a philly cheesesteak belongs to phillidelphia" You believe that? It is.

    ReplyDelete