Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Road Trip Day 1 - Canton, OH


This morning at 6am, my dad and I left Washington, DC to embark on our 18 day road trip across many parts of America. Today, we reached our first stop in Canton, Ohio, the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It was a quick 6 hour drive which took us through western Maryland and Pennsylvania, then through the much flatter (and boring) Ohio valley. When we arrived at around 1pm we searched and found a motel on the outskirts of Canton. By 2pm, we drove another 20 minutes to the Hall of Fame.

This place was amazing! I am really happy my dad was with me to point out key players and history of the game that I otherwise wouldn't have picked up on from the incredible amount of information this place had to offer. It was a big museum that really went all the way when it came to the use of touchscreen plasma TVs, surround sound, and other electronic multimedia devices. At the same time, the complex had an almost sacred feel to it - especially the Hall of Famers' room. There were many instances as I toured the halls that I was struck with awe at all of the history and memories of this game I love so much.

Once we completed the tour, we left and called it an early night after dinner. There isn't much else to do in this town but that is OK. I needed more rest anyway after sleeping only 4 hours the night before finishing up last minute things before the trip. Good night!


Tomorrow: Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment